The embezzlement attorneys
of The Crowley Law Firm can build your defense against the white collar crime allegations that you are facing. A conviction on these charges can leave you facing severe criminal penalties and dramatically affect your ability to secure future employment. At our firm, we are dedicated to providing our clients with comprehensive and aggressive legal defense.
Call now at 206-624-7500 to speak with one of the embezzlement attorneys at our firm.
We’ll fight to clear your name and maintain your freedom.
You will want to speak with one our embezzlement attorneys, if you are facing allegations that you misappropriated another person’s property. We understand that in today’s high tech – and often high stress – business environments, unintentional errors can be mistaken for fraudulent misappropriations of monies or assets that were entrusted into the hands of accounting and legal professionals. Misunderstandings and typographical errors occur constantly in everyday business transactions. Ledgers and bookkeeping records may support a cause for alarm. However, a single, overlooked mathematical miscalculation may be the culprit – as opposed to criminal conduct.
As experienced embezzlement attorneys, our team makes use of every applicable legal defense available to clear your name or to lessen consequences. The following are the allowable defenses against charges of embezzlement:
- Insufficient Evidence – If there is little to no evidence to support the allegations of fraudulent misappropriation, there is no case.
- Duress – This line of defense can be used in cases where the individual charged with embezzlement felt intimidated, threatened or bullied into participating in the crime.
- Entrapment – This defense can be deployed by embezzlement attorneys when federal or law enforcement officials work in a manner that compels the individual targeted for the offense to commit the crime.
- Absence of Intent to Commit a Crime – The fraudulent misappropriations of another person’s money or assets require an element of intent in order to be considered a crime. If an individual was under the impression that they were the genuine owner and controller of the money or assets alleged to have been misappropriated, the matter is a topic of misunderstanding as opposed to embezzlement. And, thus, no crime was ever committed.
- Insanity – This defense is workable only if insanity can be proven either at the time of the crime or the time of the trial. It is a hard sell, and heavily dependent upon the evidence.
- Incapacity – Differing from insanity, incapacity is a workable defense, if embezzlement attorneys can prove that the use of medication or overwhelming circumstances had interfered with the offender’s thought processes and decision making skills. Thus, the alleged embezzlement would be more likely the result of an oversight or simple mistake as opposed to an intended misappropriation.
Our embezzlement attorneys have assisted defendants in matters involving misappropriation conflicts between spouses and lovers, families and friends, businesses and employees, and professional service providers and their customers. We understand the delicate nature of some of the relationships associated with this crime and the severity of their consequences. If you’ve been charged with embezzlement, do not hesitate. Call us today!
Call 206-624-7500 now and talk with one of our embezzlement attorneys.
Your freedom, your family and your future are too valuable to lose.
We provide representation to clients in need of embezzlement attorneys in Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver, Everett, Bellingham, Spokane, Yakima, Richland, Kennewick, Pasco and throughout the state of Washington. No defense attorney or firm can make any guarantees about the outcome of your case. However, we can provide you with state of the art, cost effective legal counsel to help you face the charges levied against you before the courts.